This strawberry yogurt parfait recipe is the easiest parfait recipe you can find. This no-bake dessert is made with hung curd and cream giving it a smooth texture.
You know it by now, how I love the little jars and glasses of desserts which doesn’t require baking or too much time. I am all for quick desserts which require less of my effort and things are done in the fridge! This strawberry yogurt parfait recipe is just that kind of recipe which hardly requires any work and is a super creamy and smooth dessert.
What do you need for the strawberry yogurt parfait recipe?
This is a fairly simple recipe and you don’t need too many exotic stuff. The strawberry yogurt parfait has three layers – a texture filled biscuit crumb layer, a smooth and creamy layer and a sweet flavorful strawberry layer.
For the strawberry yogurt, parfait recipe use some shortbread biscuits or digestive biscuits – that would be a US equivalent of Graham Crackers.
This recipe tastes best with Greek yogurt because it is thicker and creamier than normal yogurt. Since I didn’t get any Greek Yogurt in my local supermarket I thought of using hung curd. Making hung curd is pretty easy. Pour the yogurt into a strainer and leave it there for an hour. You will be left with hung curd that’s perfect for this strawberry yogurt parfait recipe.
And of course, you will require some fresh strawberries.
How to make the Strawberry Yogurt Parfait?
- Digestive Biscuits - 100 gm
- Melted butter - 2 tablespoon
- Cream - 100 ml
- Icing Sugar - ⅔rd cup
- Hung curd / Greek Yogurt - 1 cup
- Strawberry - 1 cup chopped
- Sugar - 2 tablespoon
- Strawberry Syrup or preserve - 2 tablespoon
- wash, hull and chop the strawberries
- In a bowl place the strawberries and sprinkle sugar on it and let it rest
- Strawberry will release its juices.
- In a zip lock bag add the digestive biscuits
- Roughly bash them up so that they are coarse and not fine
- Transfer the crumb in a bowl
- Add melted butter and mix with a spoon till it resembles coarse sand.
- In a bowl whisk cream and icing sugar until its light and fluffy
- Add hung curd and fold in well
- Add strawberry syrup or preserve in it and fold again
- In a dessert glass spoon in a layer of biscuit crumb
- Follow it with a few spoons of the cream and yogurt parfait
- Sprinkle the strawberry on top.
- Repeat the layers again.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes
- Serve chilled
Liked the easy Strawberry Parfait Recipe? Pin it then
I am participating in the A to Z Challenge 2017. Are you too?
A TO Z CHALLENGE 2017 DESSERT A DAY POSTS
- Apple Hand Pie
- Banana Chocolate Bites
- Chocolate Tart with Strawberry
- Deconstructed Lemon Tart
- Eggless Bread and Butter Pudding
- Frozen Banana Ice-cream
- Grape Pudding
- Honey Lemon Panna Cotta
- Instant Microwave Brownie
- Just a Simple Chocolate Panini
- Kiwi Strawberry Mini Trifle
- Lemon Tart
- Microwave Carrot Mug Cake
- No -Bake Dessert Recipes 12 ways
- Oatmeal and Chocolate chip eggless cookies
- Parfait – Cookies & Cream
- Quick Banana Bread Mug Cake
- Strawberry Center Filled Cupcake
- Tea Infused Tea Cake
- Ultimate Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- Vanilla Chocolate Duet Pudding
- Watermelon Sorbet
- Xtra Chocolate Ice-cream Float