This No Bake Lemon Tart recipe is easy quick and yummy. The golden lemon curd and fresh cream makes it a heavenly combination.
Anything lemony is great with me. I absolutely love lemon and have it almost every day some way or the other. In this A to Z Challenge only I have shared two dessert recipes earlier with lemon the Deconstructed Lemon Tart and Honey and Lemon Panna Cotta so you must have realized how much I love the bright and sunny lemons! I am also doing a lot of no-bake desserts lately for all of you who don’t like baking yet want to have a slice of the wonderful desserts.
This No Bake Lemon Tart is easier than you can think. There’s a biscuit base and a lemon curd filling.
How to make the biscuit base for No Bake Lemon Tart?
Get some digestive biscuits /graham crackers /shortbread biscuits in a zip lock bag and break them down with a rolling pin. You can even put the biscuits in a food processor and pulse it for a minute till it resembles sand like texture. Add 2-3 tablespoons of melted butter and mix with a spoon till it feels like wet sand.
Take a removable base tart mold and pour the biscuit crumb. Press on the sides and center well with the back of a spoon so that it is packed well. Place it in the freezer for 20 minutes so that it firms up.
How to make Lemon Curd for No Bake Lemon Tart filling?
The lemon curd is made in the same way as described in the Deconstructed Lemon Tart Recipe.
Break a whole egg in a saucepan over low heat, add 1/3cup castor sugar and whisk. While whisking add 2-3 tablespoon of plain water. Whisk for 1 minute. Add ¼th cup of butter to it and keep whisking. You will see the bright lemony yellow color. Add juice of 1 lemon and whisk for one more minute. The entire batch of lemon curd should be ready under 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
Assemble the No Bake Lemon Tart
Pour the lemon curd over the chilled tart base and tap it on the kitchen top so that it settles well. Add a dollop of whipped cream and a lemon slice. and you can simply dig in!
- Egg – 1 whole
- Castor Sugar – ⅓rd cup
- Water - 2-3 tablespoon
- Butter - ¼cup
- Juice of 1 whole lemon
- Digestive Biscuits - 1 pack
- Melted butter - 2-3 tablespoon
- Pulse biscuits in a food processor for a minute
- Add melted butter and mix with a spoon till it resembles wet sand
- Pour over removable base and press with a spoon
- chill in a freezer for 20 mins to firm up
- Break a whole egg in a saucepan over low heat
- Add ⅓cup castor sugar and whisk
- While whisking add 2-3 tablespoon of plain water.
- Whisk for 1 minute
- Add ¼th cup of butter to it and keep whisking.
- Add juice of 1 lemon and whisk for one more minute
- The entire batch of lemon curd should be ready under 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Pour the lemon curd over the chilled tart base
- Garnish with whipped cream and lemon slice
Liked the recipe? Pin it
I am participating in the A to Z Challenge 2017. Are you too?