The Kiwi Strawberry mini Trifle is a quick fix to the Classic English Holiday and Christmas dessert recipe with pudding, creams and gorgeous kiwis and strawberries.
A dessert challenge cannot be over with a trifle, can it? But then again I want desserts which are quick, easy and doesn’t require too much effort for a daily challenge. So I thought why not do a quick fix to a classic English recipe and have an instant Kiwi Strawberry Mini Trifle? This is exactly why I like making different desserts – you can always bring your own flavor, you can always deconstruct and remove all the fuss to make something that suits you best.
How to make Kiwi Strawberry Mini Trifle the easy way?
In a traditional Kiwi Trifle, everything is made from scratch – the sponge, the custard everything. But since I am doing a quick fix I am using a lot of store bought things and instant ingredients for this Kiwi Strawberry Mini Trifle recipe.
I rummaged through my pantry and found some muffins that I bought last evening from the supermarket – which my son has not finished as yet. So why not use them in this trifle! You can use anything spongy here – muffins, sponge cake, bar cake or even donuts! Yes, donuts work perfectly for trifles and I have made many donut trifles.
I made a quick thick custard with whole milk, sugar, and instant custard powder. Make this custard thicker than usual because you don’t want a runny trifle anyway! Cool this custard for a while. And guess what your ingredients of the trifle are ready already!
How to arrange the Kiwi Strawberry Mini Trifle?
In a glass or dessert cup place some bite-sized pieces of muffin. Pour 3-4 spoons of custard. Place some ripe kiwi slices on the sides of the glass. Place another layer of muffins. Repeat with few more spoons of custard. Top it with some whipped cream and place some kiwi and strawberry slices.
Put it in the refrigerator for half an hour so that it cools down and is set. Dig in and enjoy the Kiwi Strawberry Mini Trifle.
- whole milk - 2 cups
- Vanilla Custard powder - 2 tablespoon
- Granulated Sugar - 3 tablespoon
- Muffin or sponge cake - 2 chopped in bite-sized pieces
- Kiwi -peeled and sliced -1
- Strawberry - hulled and sliced -4,5
- Whipped cream - 1 scoop
- In half a cup of milk mix custard powder and whisk well so that there aren't any lumps.
- Boil rest of the milk in a heavy bottom saucepan
- Add sugar
- Add the custard mix in the boiling milk and whisk well.
- Cook the custard till it's thick
- Let the custard cool down for a few minutes.
- In a clear glass or dessert cup place a layer of muffins.
- Pour some custard
- Place kiwi slices on the edge
- Repeat with muffins and custard
- Place strawberry slices on the edge
- Place a scoop of whipped cream
- Garnish with strawberry and kiwi slices
- Chill the trifle in the refrigerator for half an hour
- Serve chilled
Liked the easy Kiwi Strawberry Mini Trifle Recipe? Pin it for later then.
I am participating in the A to Z Challenge 2017. Are you too?
A TO Z CHALLENGE 2017 DESSERT A DAY POSTS
- Apple Hand Pie
- Banana Chocolate Bites
- Chocolate Tart with Strawberry
- Deconstructed Lemon Tart
- Eggless Bread and Butter Pudding
- Frozen Banana Ice-cream
- Grape Pudding
- Honey Lemon Panna Cotta
- Instant Microwave Brownie
- Just a Simple Chocolate Panini