The Vanilla Chocolate Pudding is an easy dessert recipe with home-made creamy pudding. It can be served warm or chilled. The Vanilla Chocolate Pudding is a great make ahead party dessert.
On a day when you have to write something with V I cannot just skip the beautiful Vanilla – even if it’s just a plain Jane vanilla, can I? I am in love with vanilla because it has such a subtle taste and you can use vanilla in almost everything. I was very tempted to do a Vanilla Pudding Trifle today but then I thought can anything beat the vanilla and chocolate combination – no right? Hence, here is me enjoying a Vanilla Chocolate Pudding, and I would like to call it Vanilla Chocolate Duet Pudding. That name sounds cool right?
I find this Vanilla Chocolate Pudding very gorgeous to look at. I love the colors and textures. It’s like the yin and yang of pudding in there. You can make this with store bought pudding mix but I made everything from scratch because that gives better results than the pudding mix that you get in packs. It is, in fact, a very easy no bake dessert recipe that you can make ahead and serve at a party.
How to make Vanilla Chocolate Pudding?
This entire pudding has one key player – cornstarch or corn flour that we get in India. Corn starch helps in thickening of the custard. If you follow the recipe to the T then I am sure you will end up with a smooth creamy duet pudding – that’s quite a star in the dessert world!
You can do various things with this basic vanilla chocolate pudding recipe. You can have layered pudding, you can make a layered trifle or even a parfait with some crushed chocolate biscuits. See there can be three dessert recipes with this one vanilla chocolate pudding!
I have used an egg for the custard because I think milk and egg make an awesome creamy custard, but if you want to go completely vegan just skip it.
- Milk - 500 ml
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Cornflour/ cornstarch - ¼th cup
- Egg -1
- Salt - ¼th teaspoon
- Cocoa Powder - 4 tablespoon
- Vanilla Extract - 2 teaspoon
- Chocolate shavings for
- In a bowl mix cornstarch, sugar and salt with a whisk.
- In a separate bowl break an egg, pour half a cup of in milk and whisk together.
- Pour this milk + egg mix over the cornstarch mix and whisk well so that there are no lumps.
- Over medium flame heat rest of the milk
- Once steaming whisk in the egg and cornflour mix
- Keep whisking so that no lumps are formed
- Whisk and cook for 2 minutes
- When it starts to thicken pour half of the pudding in a separate bowl and mix cocoa powder
- You have your chocolate pudding ready
- Add in vanilla extract to the white pudding
- Now both your vanilla and chocolate pudding is ready
- Pour in the pudding in glass or dessert bowls in layers
- Smoothen the top with the back of a spoon
- Put a cling film over the pudding (so that it touches the top) and refrigerate for 2 hours
- Take off the cling film, garnish with chocolate shavings and serve
Liked the Vanilla Chocolate Pudding? Pin it then.
I am participating in the A to Z Challenge 2017. Are you too?
A TO Z CHALLENGE 2017 DESSERT A DAY POSTS
- Apple Hand Pie
- Banana Chocolate Bites
- Chocolate Tart with Strawberry
- Deconstructed Lemon Tart
- Eggless Bread and Butter Pudding
- Frozen Banana Ice-cream
- Grape Pudding
- Honey Lemon Panna Cotta
- Instant Microwave Brownie
- Just a Simple Chocolate Panini
- Kiwi Strawberry Mini Trifle
- Lemon Tart
- Microwave Carrot Mug Cake
- No -Bake Dessert Recipes 12 ways
- Oatmeal and Chocolate chip eggless cookies
- Parfait – Cookies & Cream
- Quick Banana Bread Mug Cake
- Strawberry Center Filled Cupcake
- Tea Infused Tea Cake
- Ultimate Chocolate Chip Mug Cake