Do you like sweet potato? No? D you like carrots? No? They are tasteless? What if I tell you they taste yum in the Sweet Potato and Carrot soup. Believe me, it was a yum mild warm soup and totally healthy.
They are also a very good source of vitamin C, manganese, copper, pantothenic acid, and vitamin B6.
They provide potassium, dietary fiber, niacin, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, and phosphorus.
I am using extra virgin olive oil and no butter
- Sweet Potato – 1 sliced
- Carrot – 1 chopped length wise
- Red Onion – 1 diced
- Garlic – few cloves minced
- Olive oil – 2 tablespoons
- Salt & Pepper – to taste
- Dried Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Dried Basil – 1 teaspoon
- Dried Sage – 1 teaspoon
- Vegetable stock – 150 ml
- Milk – 50ml
- Heat olive oil in a deep sauce pan
- Fry onion and garlic till translucent
- Add sweet potato and carrot and stir
- Add herbs and seasoning
- Add the stock and let it boil
- Cover and cook till vegetables are tender
- Add milk
- Blend and serve warm