Lettuce provides you Vitamin B-6, C, A, E, and K
They are a rich source of folate, thiamin, riboflavin, niacin vitamins
Tomato is a superfood for your skin
The salad doesn’t have any mayo or fatty dressing so you can eat at peace.
- Iceberg Lettuce – 1 cut length wise (you can use Romaine as well)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil – 3 +1 tablespoon
- Garlic – 2 cloves, minced
- Red Tomato – 2 quartered lengthwise
- Red Onion – ½ julienned
- Red Wine Vinegar – 3 tablespoon
- Salt & Pepper –to taste
- Dried Oregano – 1 teaspoon
- Chicken – ½ a cup roasted and shredded or cubed in tikka/kebab form
- Bread slices - 2
- Prepare a grill on high heat. You can use a griddle pan or an electric grill. I am using an electric grill
- Brush oil on both the sides of the bread and grill till they are nicely marked
- (about 1 minute per side)
- Remove bread and keep aside
- Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil on over tomato, onion, lettuce and chicken till they are nicely coated.
- Place them on the grill
- Keep turning the vegetables with a tong frequently – you don’t want anything burnt!
- Cook the lettuce till the outer leaves are turning brown
- After 5 minutes take them off in a bowl
- In a separate bowl combine – Red Wine Vinegar, remaining 2 tablespoon oil, seasoning, Oregano and minced garlic
- Drizzle the vinaigrette over the salad
- Serve with the grilled breads
Try and tell me if you liked it or not.
Until next time, Cheers!
Meanwhile check out what my Lost stories in my Writing Blog