Hello people hope you guys are having an amazing weekend. So tell me who don’t like something sweet to sooth that sweet tooth of yours? Well I know some people who don’t like sweets at all and I fail to understand how! Not my kinda people J
Anyways, yesterday I was craving for something nice warm and chocolaty and I didn’t want to go out to the pastry shop. So I decided how about some chocolate chip muffins? And yes when you get a craving and you decide you want then why not whip up some! I was planning to go shopping in the afternoon but the muffin craving made me bake some muffins before I went out. Yeah it’s really easy and quick – hope you’ll enjoy this.
All that you need
This measurement is for a batch of 6 muffins.
- All purpose flour – 2 cups
- Baking powder – ¼ cup
- Table Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Granulated sugar – 1 cup
- Chocolate chips – 1 cup (I have chopped down my Morde Dark chocolate bar in small chunks, you can take whole choco-chips which are readily available)
- Un-salted butter – ½ cup
- Eggs – 2
- Milk – 1 cup
- Vanilla essence – 2 tspn
Let’s get started
As I told you earlier the procedure is very easy. You need to mix the dry ingredients in a bowl and wet ingredients in another bowl and then mix the two. So you don’t need to cream the butter & sugar and don’t require any hand mixer or anything. So let’s see what you need to do.
– Mix flour, baking powder, sugar, salt and chocolate chips in a mixing bowl just to ensure everything is mixed
– In a separate mixing bowl whisk 2 whole eggs and milk (all should be in room temperature)
– Add the vanilla essence
– Now pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix well
– Add ½ a cup of melted butter with the batter and mix.
[I am using unsalted butter here, if you are using salted regular butter then skip adding salt in the batter]
– Line a muffin tray with paper cups and fill them with the muffin batter.
[If you are using paper cups then you don’t need to grease your muffin tray. In case you don’t have a muffin tray you could use the thick standing muffin cups. You can also bake them in a ramekin but for that you need to grease them well with butter or vegetable oil]
– Now bake the muffins in a preheated oven at 180 degrees Celsius for 25 mins.
– Before taking out the muffins insert a tooth pick and check if it’s coming out clean. If it comes out with batter on it bake for 10 more mins.
So that’s it your choco-chip muffins are ready.
|Oven fresh little cups of joy|
Muffins taste great when it’s warm and fresh. You can see the chocolate chips melt and it becomes heavenly. In case you want little more indulgence you can drizzle some chocolate sauce on it. I tried with some maple syrup and it was yummy.
So do try and let me know how it was.
And here is a little Nutrition Fact for you guys. Something new that I am going to add to all my recipes henceforth.