Anyways now that I have collected many – thanks to Indro & his work trips- I thought lets get into the baking mood and make some muffins! yay. So here goes the easy little Blackberry Muffins… Don’t worry if you don’t get any fresh blackberry… I also didn’t… use a ready made blackberry preserve!
- 1½ cup all purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tspn baking powder
- ¼ tspn salt
- 1 egg - whole egg
- ½ cup milk
- ¼ cup melted butter
- 6 tspn Blackberry preserves
- Preheat your oven at 200 degrees. Its important to preheat your oven when you are baking.
- Seif in flour & baking powder & mix in sugar
- Slowly mix the wet ingredients . Mix milk and egg to the melted butter and combine it with the dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix it till its a smooth paste.
- Put paper cups in a muffin tray.
- Fill the cups half with the muffin batter - you need to give space for the muffin to rise
- Now the easiest and the yummiest part. Put a dollop of Blackberry preserve in each cup and pop it into the oven. Bake it for 20-25 mins at 200C/400F.
You can add fresh fruits, or any other preserves. Experiment n enjoy.