- Rohu Fish – 5-6 pieces
- Salt – 2 teaspoon
- Turmeric – 2 teaspoon
- Mustard Paste – 1/2 cup
- Onion Paste – 2 table spoon
- Ginger Garlic paste – 1 teaspoon
- Mustard Oil – 2 tablespoon (to fry the fish & the sauce)
- Kalunji or Nigella Seeds – 1 teaspoon
- Green Chili – 2
- Cumin powder, Red Chili powder, Coriander Powder -1/2 teaspoon each
3. Put in skin side first and fry for 3 minutes each side. Once fried take out and put them on a paper towel.
4. In the same oil put nigella seeds, once they start sputtering add onion paste and ginger garlic paste and sauté.
Tip – When you add ginger garlic paste in hot oil it will splutter big time, to stop it add a pinch of salt.
5. Make mustard paste with little salt. I am using a ready made mustard powder, you can make a paste from mustard seeds.
6. Add this mustard paste and fry till oil comes out from the sides.
8. Cover and cook it for 5 minutes
|Look out for the bubbles in the gravy. That is the right time to add the fried fish|
|This is the actual color, the below photo is clicked under white light and the color changes|
Your fish is done. Just before taking off heat you can add 1 tablespoon of mustard oil to get that strong mustard flavour. If you can’t take that leave it just like that.
Serve it with steamed rice and enjoy your fish.
|This is captured under white light and it looks so different|