This Strawberry Center Filled Cupcake are fresh, moist and ooze fresh home-made strawberry filling. They look gorgeous and taste super yum.
I haven’t done a cupcake post in a long time. Can my dessert a day challenge get over without a cupcake? Hell no! Strawberries are one of my favorite fruits because they are full of anti-oxidants and I sometimes enjoy them just like that out of the box. I like how tangy they are. I also enjoy fresh strawberries in desserts. You get strawberries only for a month or so in India so I made good use of it and made several things with strawberries. In case you don’t have fresh strawberries, you can use strawberry preserves too for this Strawberry Center Filled Cupcake.
How to make the strawberry filling for Strawberry Center Filled Cupcakes
This is probably the easiest part of this cupcake. You need fresh strawberries and sugar. In a saucepan put hulled and chopped strawberries over medium heat. Sprinkle sugar on top of it and let it cook in its juices. In a bowl mix cornstarch / corn flour with warm water and add it to the strawberry mix, it helps in thickening the filling. Once thicker remove from heat and allow it to cool.
How to make the cupcakes?
This like any other regular vanilla cupcake where you cream together butter, sugar, eggs, yogurt, vanilla extract till they are all incorporated and light and fluffy. In another bowl mix together flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Pour that in the wet mix and fold in till everything is incorporated.
I am using whole eggs here that gives a wonder golden color to the cupcakes. If you want a good white and red contrast in your cupcakes, you can even use 2 egg whites instead of whole eggs. This batter is going to be thick and not like a regular cake batter.
Line a cupcake tin with liners and divide the batter equally in the liners and bake in a preheated oven at 180C/ 350F for 20 minutes.
How to fill the cupcakes?
This is the best part of this Strawberry Center Filled Cupcake recipe. Once the cupcakes have cooled down take a sharp knife and cut a circle/hole in the center of the cupcakes. Don’t throw the tops away – we are going to use it as a lid later. Spoon in the strawberry filling in these holes and cover them with the top that you have carved out.
I have left some of them open because I liked to see the filling oozing out. Once all your cupcakes are filled now it’s time for you to frost it. If you are anyone like me you can dig straight ahead and skip the frosting. I skip frostings most of the time. Or make a fresh butter cream or whipped cream frosting. I have made a whipped cream and strawberry frosting here for the cupcakes. They are not whipped till soft peaks. They are whipped a little lesser because I like the how it gives a smooth dripping feeling on the cupcakes.
When I go crazy with cakes and cupcakes I like to decorate each differently. Its all up to you how you want your Strawberry Center Filled Cupcake to be. My son had one without any frosting and my husband had with the frosting. I, however, licked off the entire leftover filling because it tastes wow.
- Fresh Strawberry - 2 cups - hulled, chopped
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Cornstarch - 2 tablespoon
- Warm water - 2 teaspoon
- All purpose Flour - 1 and ⅔rd cup
- Baking poweder - ½ teaspoon
- Baking Soda - ¼th teaspoon
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Granulated sugar - 1 cup
- Unsalted butter - ½ cup softened
- Egg -2 whole
- Thick yogurt - ¼th cup
- Milk - ¾th cup
- Vanilla essence - 2 teaspoon
- In a saucepan put hulled and chopped strawberries over medium heat.
- Sprinkle sugar on top of it and let it cook in its juices.
- In a bowl mix cornstarch / corn flour with warm water
- Add it to the strawberry mix,
- Once thicker remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Pre-heat Oven at 180C/350F
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl cream together softened butter, sugar till fluffy
- Add eggs and mix
- Add vanilla, milk, yogurt and mix well
- Add the dry ingredients in it and combine well ill there are no lumps
- Bake for 20 minutes
- Once the cupcakes are cooled down take a sharp knife and cut a circle/hole in the center
- Spoon in the filling and cover with the carved part
- Whip some cream till its airy
- Add little strawberry syrup and icing sugar
- Frost your cupcakes
Liked the Strawberry Center Filled Cupcake? Pin it for later
I am participating in the A to Z Challenge 2017. Are you too?
A TO Z CHALLENGE 2017 DESSERT A DAY POSTS
- Apple Hand Pie
- Banana Chocolate Bites
- Chocolate Tart with Strawberry
- Deconstructed Lemon Tart
- Eggless Bread and Butter Pudding
- Frozen Banana Ice-cream
- Grape Pudding
- Honey Lemon Panna Cotta
- Instant Microwave Brownie
- Just a Simple Chocolate Panini
- Kiwi Strawberry Mini Trifle
- Lemon Tart
- Microwave Carrot Mug Cake
- No -Bake Dessert Recipes 12 ways
- Oatmeal and Chocolate chip eggless cookies
- Parfait – Cookies & Cream
- Quick Banana Bread Mug Cake