We are on our seventh day in the challenge and I am happy that I have not missed posting a single day… So unlike me. Now I don’t have any more saved posts and I am literally posting every day, here and in my writing blog too, apart from a day job, a house to manage… phew.. that’s a daunting task I can see.
Anyways as promised we have G for Garlic Prawn today.
All that you Need
1. White Prawns – 250 g (cleaned, shelled and de-veined)
2. Vegetable Oil – 3 table spoon
3. Onion – 2 tablespoon – chopped
4. Garlic – 2 tablespoon – crushed
5. Red Chilli Flakes – ½ teaspoon
6. Salt & Pepper to taste
7. Sambal Belacan Sauce – 1/3 cup [this is a Malaysian favourite, in case you don’t have you can use any shrimp paste sauce]
8. Spring Onion – 1 finely chopped for garnishing
9. Lemon Juice – 1 teaspoon
Let’s Get Started
1. Marinate the prawns with little salt and lemon juice and keep aside for 10 minutes.
2. In a wok heat oil in medium flame, fry the prawns for about 3 minutes and keep aside.
3. In the same oil and add garlic and onions and fry till onion turns translucent.
4. Add the Sambal Belacan paste/ shrimp paste and fry till oil comes out from the sides.
5. Add red chilli flakes and seasoning.
6.Add the fried prawns, cover and cook for 4 minutes.
Garnish with spring onions and serve.
You can enjoy it with fried rice, noodles or even white rice.
Linking this post to A to Z Challenge 2014 for Day #7 – post starting with G.
Leave a comment below if you liked my recipe and want me to share some more recipes.